Wednesday, April 25, 2012
25. Denver Broncos: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
With Poe in the 'burgh, the Broncos get their guy at 25. Should help ease the loss of Brod Bunk and help Peyton pull out a few Tebow style comebacks (in which the defense is entirely responsible).
26. Houston Texans: Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
Really a wild card of a team in this draft. How about a pass rusher to replace Super Mario. Super Chandler it is.
27. New England Patriots: Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State
Will probably go way higher than this. His stock is rising, and this would be a score for New England or the team picking after them.
28. Green Bay Packers: Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
So they didn't get their complement to Clay Matthews. They'll go for someone similar. No, not another pass rushing linebacker, but someone from the same school. Everyone is listing their obvious defensive needs, but they don't draft that way. Best player available to them is Martin, a guy who can help a position of need on offense. Likely they don't see value and trade down.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Great time for a center--both in the draft (late first) and for the Ravens (with an aging Matt Birk).
30. San Francisco 49ers: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
Lots of Bama players in the first round--how about one from North Bama? Sure, why the hell not.
31. New England Patriots: Andre Branch, DE/LB, Clemson
Oh, these guys again. And this position again. Didn't they just take McClelliin? Yeah, deal with it. They aren't letting this talent sneak out of the first round.
32. New York Giants: Mike Adams, T, Ohio State
Some other candidates here, maybe Mychal Kendricks is the play, but a solid tackle to end the first round is more than the Super Bowl champs could have hoped for.
That's it for our mock draft, which is sure to be one of the least accurate on the web. We'll know tomorrow. Freaking tomorrow.