Monday, April 23, 2012
We call it a mock draft because we expect it to be just that: something that will get us mocked. We didn't make the headlines we wanted with our Griffin over Luck pick, and a mere hours later it was made all but official with the Colts telling Luck they'd take him first overall. We'll try to do better in the next group of picks:
9. Carolina Panthers: Fletcher Cox, DT, Missippi State
Safe, boring, assumed pick here. Which means it won't happen.
10. Buffalo Bills: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
One of the fastest rising players in the draft, we predict a top 10 landing spot for Kuechly, who seems like a perfect fit in Buffalo (aka he's white).
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
It's here or nowhere near for Tannehill, who could be in for the biggest slide of the day. We're not entirely sure (though we are pretty sure) that Weeden isn't off the board first. Then again, who would you rather have under center: Matt Cassel... or Ryan Tannehill's wife?
12. Seattle Seahawks: Melvin Ingram, LB, South Carolina
Great value outside the top 12 for one of the better pass rushers in the draft. Aaron Curry Ingram is not.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
Bummed about Michael Floyd breaking the top 10, the Cards settle for a solid defensive player that can help immediately.
14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
Everybody's mock draft has Barron to the Cowboys--we're going down with the ship on this one.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
We anticipate the Cookie Monster going no later than 15, and possible ousting Cox as the first defensive tackle off the board. Teams really like this kid.
16. New York Jets: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Rex Ryan is one happy camper here, loving that Hightower fell into his lap band. Now let's go eat a god damn snack.
The draft is just days away, which means we'll pump out the second half of our 2012 NFL Mock Draft sometime before then. Or not. Whatever, fuck you!