We're making Stock Lemon your home for Super Bowl proposition betting in 2009 and thought we should go ahead and post some standard prop bets that will be offered for the matcup between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers. (Of course, as we grow closer and closer to kickoff each day, we'll have some of the wackier bets listed as well.)
Here's a general list of what to expect:
First, there are your regular lines. The Steelers are opening at around -6 1/2 or -7 favorites over the Cardinals, but those lines will be different on a quarter-by-quarter basis and updated as the game goes on. The Over/Under is set at around 47. Here are some others you can expect:
- Game line
- First half line
- First quarter line
- Second quarter line
- Third quarter line
- Fourth quarter line (not including over time)
Then you get a little more specific:
- Total points scored by the home team (Cardinals)
- Total points scored by the visiting team (Steelers)
- First team to score
- Last team to score
- Will the last team to score win the game?
- Will there be a score in the last two minutes of the first half?
- Will either team score three unanswered times?
- Will there be a score in the first six and a half minutes of the game?
- Which team will have the longest touchdown?
- Will there be a successful two-point conversion?
- Will there be a safety?
- Which half will have the highest point score?
- Which quarter will have the highest point score?
- Will the home team ever have the lead?
- Which team will commit the first turnover?
- Which team will use the coaches' challenge first?
- Which team will be the first to call a timeout?
- Will there be overtime?
- Which team will get the first penalty?
Then, as we inch closer to the game, we'll have plenty of player props:
- Who will have more yards between a Cardinals RB/WR like Edgerrin James and Steelers RB/WR like Willie Parker?
- Who will have more tackles between a Cardinals defender like Adrian Wilson or Steelers defender like Troy Polamalu?
- How many yards will a team's star player like Larry Fitzerald have? (Answers will be in increments: between 1-60, between 60-90, etc.)
Then, of course, there will be the wacky and fun Super Bowl prop bets as well:
- How long will the National Anthem last? (This will be an over/under, usually somewhere between 1:30-2:00. Like last year, it will be sung by another former American Idol, Jennifer Hudson.)
- How many times the announcers will say ____? (Could be the name of a player not involved in the game, for example.)
- How many times will cameras show ____? (Could again be a famous person or player not involved in the game but in attendance.)
- Will this be the highest rated Super Bowl ever? (Game will air on NBC.)
- What color will the liquid poured on the winning coach be? (Multiple Choice.)
- Who will the game MVP thank first?
- What songs will the halftime entertainer sing? (Bruce Springsteen is the halftime performer this year.)
- Will the coin toss be heads or tails?
That's it for now. Hopefully this generic list will suffice. Don't worry, though, plenty more prop bets will be coming, so stay tuned and make sure to check back to Stock Lemon for more updates on your Super Bowl 43 proposition bets for 2009.